Acceptable Use Policy
International Lead Association offices are located at Bravington House, 2 Bravingtons Walk London N1 9AF (“ILA”).
The user’s use of the ILA Website means that the user accepts, and agrees to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement the ILA Terms and Conditions.
The user may use the ILA Website, and shall be responsible for ensuring that it uses the ILA Website, only for lawful purposes. The user may not use the ILA Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
The user also agrees:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the ILA Website in contravention of the provisions of our terms and conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the ILA Website, any equipment or network on which the ILA Website is stored, any software used in the provision of the ILA Website, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which the user contributes to the ILA Website (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The user must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
ILA will determine, at its discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through the user’s use of the ILA Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, ILA may take such action as it deems appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the ILA Terms and Conditions, upon which the user is permitted to use the ILA Website, and may result in ILA taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of the user’s right to use and licencing of the ILA Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by the user to the ILA Website.
- Issue of a warning to the user.
- Legal proceedings against the user for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against the user.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as ILA reasonably feel is necessary.
ILA exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and ILA may take any other action it reasonably deems appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
ILA may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page on the ILA Website. The user is expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes ILA makes, as they are legally binding on the user. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the ILA Website.